Weeds around edge of pool

May 14, 2009
Tennessee
I have just set up my 20' Intex Ultra Frame Pool and absolutely love it! I have been on the BBB method for two years now and will never go back and have actually converted several of my friends to the BBB method also! :goodjob: My question is does anyone know if there would be any problem with using roundup to kill the weeds and grass around the edge of the pool without hurting the liner? I don't mind pulling them by hand but I would like to remove the grass and "weeds" and put down some mulch just to make it look better. Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, Jeff,

I use a lot of Round-up (I use the generic now) and in my opinion it is perhaps the safest herbicide available.

Not being smart, but unless you spray it directly on your liner, you are good to go. It would probably be just fine directly on your liner, for that matter......It's pretty inert stuff.

To be extra careful, you could use something like a big piece of cardboard up against the pool so you don't get any overspray.

Ok! Sounds good. I wasn't sure if it would hurt the liner or not. Your thoughts on using the cardboard to prevent over spray is a good idea. I will definitely use it. I'm hoping to just alleviate the task of removing all the grass by hand I cant get to with the weed eater and of course to make it look a little better with the mulch. Thanks for your thoughts!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.