Adding water

Depends on what's in your fill water, and how big the pool is. After you add the water and give an hour or two with the pump on to mix in, run your tests and see if you need to fiddle anything. (The most likely answer is "no" but only testing will guarantee that.)
--paulr

300 gallons in 20,000 gallons = 1.5%

300 gallons in 5,000 gallons = 6%

Even if TA is 340 like my tap water, it won't make much difference in a larger pool. maybe in a smaller pool.

ok added the water and rechecked everything. only thing that changed was the TA and Ph. ph has been around 7.5 or 7.6. a little low at 7.2 and ta has been at 120 and now 130. It says to lower TA u have to lower ph to 7.2 and aerate. Well it did that part for me on the ph so i didnt add anything to raise ph. I aimed return nozzle to the top of the water to try to aerate, and will have the kids splash tomorrow. how long should it take to get TA down?

pitmanr2003 said:
ok added the water and rechecked everything. only thing that changed was the TA and Ph. ph has been around 7.5 or 7.6. a little low at 7.2 and ta has been at 120 and now 130. It says to lower TA u have to lower ph to 7.2 and aerate. Well it did that part for me on the ph so i didnt add anything to raise ph. I aimed return nozzle to the top of the water to try to aerate, and will have the kids splash tomorrow. how long should it take to get TA down?
You'll have to check it every day and see... It varies depending on how much aeration is actually happening.
-When my teenage son's have a party there's enough splashing that my TA goes down, and they have "parties" (meaning 4+ other teens) over 2-3 times a week.

Terry in NC (@the beach! :cool: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.