Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I have an Intex SWG and keep getting "low salt" error code

1. Back To Top    #1

I have an Intex SWG and keep getting "low salt" error code

I have more then enough salt in the pool, why do i keep getting this error code?
    Thanks!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I have an Intex SWG and keep getting "low salt" error code

Welcome to TFP!

How do you know that you have enough salt in the pool?

Sometimes that error will come on when the cell plates have gotten calcium scale on them. You should take a look at the cell plates and see if they have any white chalky residue on them.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have had the same problem. First I found out I was getting an incorrect reading from expired strips. Since I got that straightened out I added salt I got 2 new readings of 3100 ppm. I cleaned the cells, sprayed them and soaked in vinegar. Still getting the reading.

Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with this issue.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Sometimes you can get an error like that if your water temp is low or if you haven't circulated fresh salt more than 24 hrs
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!