1 out of 3 jets work

i have no idea why they dont work, i just bought this house and i know nothing of the pools history. i just found two more jets in the stair case (left and right) on the bottom stair, and they dont work either, all the ones that dont work were all caped except the one that does work. their are no valves or anything of that nature for them, so i assume they were disconnected underground, maybe there was some kind of repair and they didnt reconnect them i really just dont know!

Do the caps look temporary or permanent? If they are temporary winterizing plugs, the pool may simply never have been fully opened for the season. It is possible to get by with only one return, but more are much better.

i am in the process of opening as we speak, the caps all screwed right off (finger tight) but i took one off on the stair and needed pliers and it had some kind of sealent on the cap got all over my hands and could not get it off even w/ soap and water.

i assume the only fix is to dig? cause if thats the case i will be staying w/ the one jet. money to tight right now, (just laid off)

It sounds like it is worth doing some archeology to try and figure out what is going on and how things were originally installed. The more you describe, the more it sounds like digging under the deck, but there are still a few ways things might work out more easily. For example, I wonder if there was originally another pipe at the equipment pad. It might be buried now, but often there is some evidence of it having been there.

well my deck is really easy to dig up, its just brick on sand no mortar or concrete, w/ 6x6 lumber every 8' or so, its a very simple design i had to fix a few bricks one time cause they caved in. so actually im very fortunate in that respect.

its really bothering me now cause i keep looking at all those jets, and wishing they were on and circulating my water the way they were meant to.
not to mention the curiosity is killing me, im dying to see what happened and why!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There's a chance that they were abandoned because of pipe failure :(

If the stair returns are the kind we install, you can try putting a screwdriver into the small hole inside the inlets to see if there isn't debris blocking them (do this with the system on)

As we so often say - pics would help :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.