Hayward Underwater Light Help

May 8, 2010
Long story short. I installed a new pool liner with help and wanted to reinstall the pool light that was left in my basement when I bought the house. After filling the water up to where I can install the front frame and than cutting my new liner I find out why it was not previously installed!
It is missing the Top Rim Lock Nut inside Niche. The bottom screw works fine just missing that top support.

My 1st question is the Face Rim Lock Screw set used as grounding (connecting the light fixture to the niche)?
Can I just use a great silicone between the frame and the light?
Could I use self taping screws to drilling into the Niche to make some short of bracket?

Hayward Light Niche Model SP507
Hayward Underwater Light SP0570

Thanks so much for any relies!

I gotta agree with Kevin (hey Kevin, thanks for that link - there a a bunch of cool 'goodies' I'll probably be ordering :goodjob: )

The top screw isn't where the niche is bonded, so the wedge will be just fine and allow you to have a serviceable light in the pool :cool:

If you've any other questions, we're here for you - Happy Swims (thanks for that one, Frank :-D )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.