Pump Suggestions

Hi all. I've been a long time forum lurker and I am finally making my first post.

I have an above ground 17x29 Splash Superpool that I inherited from my parents. It is about 15,000 gallons. However, the pump is shot and I need a new one. The old pump was a Sta-Rite 1.5 HP. Based on some research is seems like that may have been a little over-powered for my pool? Plus I'd like something that won't bump my electric bill up quite as high. I've been looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP158...ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1275192412&sr=8-5. It certainly fits my budget.

I must admit my understanding of pumps is pretty limited; I'm hoping some experts can weigh in with their opinions.

Welcome to TFP!

That pump looks alright, it is certainly a good deal. The best way to save electricity is to sped a little more up front to get a two speed pump. A two speed pump needs to be run twice as long on low speed, but despite that still saves you about 1/3 off your electric bill compared to running on high speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.