Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I have a leak

1. Back To Top    #1

I have a leak

Pool was filling today noticed wet ground on one side, I'm gonna try food coloring to try and find it, If I can;t locate it has anyone used fic a leak to repair a leak they cannot find?
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I have a leak

sorry but ive never used it. If the ground is wet on one side, atleast you know where about the leak is. Did the water level in the pool drop or did you just see a wet area outside the pool?
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

3. Back To Top    #3

I assume it's in the liner. Fix-A-Leak is meant for plumbing only. A liner patch kit should solve the leak. The glue works under water when the instructions are followed.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

we lost not even .5 inch over night.
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a leak, too! We just finished filling our Intex Ultra Frame and discovered a pinhole leak near the bottom. Patched inside and out with the kit Intex provieded. After researching it seems like this is a common occurence and the vinyl repair kits are made to use under water. I hope this works. I am still going to call Intex ASAP opn Tuesday to let them know it CAME that way so they can send a new liner (I hear they usually just have you cut the bad part out. I hate to drain the pool so I hope this works! I feel nervous about it-- like I have a new baby--LOL! Anyone have any reassuring words? By the way how do you find a leak with food coloring?
    AG Intex Ultra Frame
    Round 16 ft x 48 in, 5061 gal
    2500 gph Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter
    BBB

6. Back To Top    #6

I've repaired several small holes in Intex pools. I actually picked up a small 'vinyl pool patch kit' at a pool store for a 15 footer because it had several pinholes around it when I got it. Patching went smoothly (and according to the instructions) and held just fine.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]