Chemical storage

coreyoreo

LifeTime Supporter
Newb here. I'd like to store my pool chemicals outside in a covered pool toybox type container, just for convenience sake, but I now I read I'm supposed to store them a cool dry place.

In the past I've kept them in the garage, but is the outside toybox storage going to have a worse effect on the chemicals as opposed to storing in the garage?

Tx for any help!

I keep most of my dry chemicals in a plastic storage shed, the short 3' tall type. That is calcium increaser, Cal-Hypo and dichlor pucks. I keep the muriatic acid on the porch on a shelf, bleach on the opposite end of the same shelf. I keep extra bleach bottles in the garage. They don't hang around very long.

I learned the hard way with my first pool when I stored the trichlor pucks in the shed with the rest of my stuff. I had a lot of good stuff oxydize real fast! Pucks are now stored away from everything and well ventilated! Never trust the bucket they come in either!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.