Intex rubber hose adapters popping off

May 29, 2010
Anyone have a problem keeping the adapters on the rubber hoses that come out of the pool wall? Even tightened (by hand) as far as they will go, my outlet nozzle flies right off. I'm sure it's due to the force of the water. I have a 15' soft wall pool with metal frame and use the 2500 gal/hour pump (or am trying to). Any suggestions will be appreciated. I hate to have upgraded the pump and now I can't use it.

Can you take a picture of the part that is giving you trouble and post it here? Perhaps there is an easy fix..

Thanks for the reply. I cleaned the rubber hoses and the adapters well, then used nylon rope looped around the pool frame and adapters to hold the adapters at a 90' angle to the pool. All is well now.

Not sure how to help on these without knowing which type of connectors you have. Intex pools have a couple of different connectors, some with "worm screw" hose clamps similar to automotive types (mostly on models 15ft and smaller), and some with valves that have spin-on collars much like a pipe union (generally 18ft and beyond).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.