Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Abbreviations

1. Back To Top    #1

Abbreviations

Not sure if this is where this question goes but I will ask anyway:
    What are the meanings of the abbreviations used at times on people's posts?

DH
    LOML
    DW

are the few that I see at times. Is it an IM thing and I'm just not in the loop or are they abbreviations relative to TFP users?

Any others that folks use on a regular basis would be appreciated so that I can do a better job of comprehending what is being written/said. Thanks TFP'rs.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Abbreviations

This link gives a good summary of the acronyms most commonly found on Internet posts or used in texting.

DH = darling (or dear) husband
    LOML = light (or love) of my life
    DW = darling (or dear) wife

That link doesn't have everything. I've seen FIL on this forum for father-in-law and I'm sure there are other acronyms as well. It's not a TFP thing, however.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

A TFP thing is POP-Pool Owner Patience.
    thanks for the info.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

4. Back To Top    #4

I've see the full gamut of family relations, DH/DW/DD/DS as well as FIL/MIL/SIL/DIL.

I see ETA sometimes, but it clearly doesn't mean Estimated Time of Arrival ??
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Dora
    A TFP thing is POP-Pool Owner Patience.
    And of course, BBB (some of these acronyms came from The PoolForum).
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

6. Back To Top    #6

I see ETA sometimes, but it clearly doesn't mean Estimated Time of Arrival ??
    I asked the same question about ETA couple years ago. ETA = Edited To Add
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

YMMV = Your mileage may vary.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!