Return line leaked so I replaced gaskets- NOW IT LEAKS MORE!

May 29, 2010
I have a four season old AG pool-- The return line was leaking sporadically last season-- not that much- but being a perfectionist I noticed the cork was looking old so I bought the $4 gasket and pulled it apart-- I reassembled it and filled the pool-- and now it leaks a drip every 2 seconds.... The big nut is tight-- I cant tighten it any more-- (used pliers but didnt torque the H*ll out of it- but I cant hand loosen it at this point)-- I can see the leak is coming through the threads at the bottom of the big nut and it looks like there might be a very small seepage at the cork/rubber-- I was thinking of siliconing threads that the big nut tightens onto and see if that works?? Any hints on nipping this in the bud? Draining pool is a PITA, but no a huge deal bc i only raised it up enough to circulate the water to open the pool so its still lowish--- I just dont want to have to do this again and again..

Thanks...

There were 3 pieces in the kit and that corresponded to what was on there for the last 4 years-- i installed the new rubber and cork on the outside of the pool in front of the big nut with the cork butting up to the nut and the rubber butting the pool--- then on the liner side there was one rubber gasket that I installed butting the liner --

edit: sealing the threads under the nut fixed the leak....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.