Replacing Sta-rite pump

May 29, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Hello all,

I have been a lurker here for a couple of years and have read most of the threads within this forum. Great forum with a lot of educational information.
I currently have a 17X33 inground pool. (70,000litres). Here is the setup. Sta-rite system 3 S8D110 de filter, Sta-rite 1HP dynaglass pump, Zodiac LM2 salt water, Sta-rite 333,000 gas heater.
The pool has a seperate line for the skimmer and the main drain going back to a Jandy valve (manual) then to the Pump. The lines coming from the pool are 2" but then from the Jandy valve reduce down to 11/2" before entering the pump. From the pump going to the filter is 2". From the filter to the heater is 2". From the heater to the zodiac cell is 11/2". from the zodiac to the two returns are 11/2".
I would like to replace the pump with the new Sta-rite Intellipro for energy savings. I am a licensed electrician here in Canada and will make the electrical connections. I would just like some professional opinions on my current piping setup to ensure that I will not have to make any changes. As well I would like to talk about the automation part of the pump but will start a new thread about that later.
Just wondering from the information I have provided to you all if this is just an easy replacement of the pump? Will my current configuration of piping work with this new pump? I understand that the max. for my DE filter is 106GPM and will not be able to exceed the 3rd speed already set up from factory. Once I obtain the pump I will set up the perameters.
Many thanks in advance for all of your help with this.

Ken

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.