Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing Sta-rite pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing Sta-rite pump

Hello all,

I have been a lurker here for a couple of years and have read most of the threads within this forum. Great forum with a lot of educational information.
    I currently have a 17X33 inground pool. (70,000litres). Here is the setup. Sta-rite system 3 S8D110 de filter, Sta-rite 1HP dynaglass pump, Zodiac LM2 salt water, Sta-rite 333,000 gas heater.
    The pool has a seperate line for the skimmer and the main drain going back to a Jandy valve (manual) then to the Pump. The lines coming from the pool are 2" but then from the Jandy valve reduce down to 11/2" before entering the pump. From the pump going to the filter is 2". From the filter to the heater is 2". From the heater to the zodiac cell is 11/2". from the zodiac to the two returns are 11/2".
    I would like to replace the pump with the new Sta-rite Intellipro for energy savings. I am a licensed electrician here in Canada and will make the electrical connections. I would just like some professional opinions on my current piping setup to ensure that I will not have to make any changes. As well I would like to talk about the automation part of the pump but will start a new thread about that later.
    Just wondering from the information I have provided to you all if this is just an easy replacement of the pump? Will my current configuration of piping work with this new pump? I understand that the max. for my DE filter is 106GPM and will not be able to exceed the 3rd speed already set up from factory. Once I obtain the pump I will set up the perameters.
    Many thanks in advance for all of your help with this.

Ken

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing Sta-rite pump

The speeds are user selectable. The base model has 305 to choose from. The SVRS and VF versions have fewer but they come at the low end of the speed range and aren't very useful anyway.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.