Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air bubbles from a single return

1. Back To Top    #1

Air bubbles from a single return

I get sporadic air bubbles from just one of my returns. Nothing for a few hours and then its will bubble for a few more. I let the air out of the filter to with no results.Should I be worried? It began to appear after my solar was installed.
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air bubbles from a single return

Worried? No. How high are the panels off the ground? Sometimes you see this and it can be cleared up by running a little more water to the panels with the diverter valve.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you sure it is not the "champagne bubbles" from your IntelliChlor? Short run/well plumbed pools will show some bubbles when the cell cycles on.

4. Back To Top    #4

I never thought about the intellichlor. I bet thats it.
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

5. Back To Top    #5

It is the IC40. It only bubbles when the cell is making Chlorine. I guess I have a well plumbed short run pool. Great!

6. Back To Top    #6

How cool is that