Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Alien Blobs in my pool!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Alien Blobs in my pool!!!

Can someone please tell me what this slimy stuff is? They started out like little pea size blobs attached to sides of pool. Now I have this slimy stuff around all my outlets. Here's a pic of what I peeled from my skimmer.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Alien Blobs in my pool!!!

Mold of some type almost surely. You desperately need chlorine in your pool and very probably lots of it.

If you can post test results, it will help us assist what you need to do. Be prepared to use more chlorine than you ever considered before......but don't do it until you give us some more info with test results.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by love2weed
    Can someone please tell me what this slimy stuff is? They started out like little pea size blobs attached to sides of pool. Now I have this slimy stuff around all my outlets.
    If this is actually growing your sanitizer isn't killing it!

What are you using for sanitizing your water, and what are your chemical levels?

Terry in NC (enjoying the REAL saltwater! )
    Triad Region of NC
    18x37 Vinyl IG (24,000 gal.), BBB & GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 SWG, Hayward 1 HP Superpump / Hayward Sand Filter / Polaris 280 cleaner / 6 deck jets / Sheer Descent Waterfall (in coping) / Brick Red Concrete Coping / Stamped Concrete Deck
    Lots of oak trees, maple trees, *and* leaves!

4. Back To Top    #4

Agree with duraleigh. I see shocking and lots of brushing in your future.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

ohhhh thats nasty ... I think they found Jimmy Hoffa

6. Back To Top    #6

Nobody added any of that Baquastuff to your pool, have they? Or anything else that has a catchy name but no list of ingredients on the container?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!