Salt Water Generator in AGP?

Jan 20, 2008
Northeast Florida
Considering adding an SWG to my setup. Is rust a serious concern? I know it will void the pool warranty, but the warranties are pretty worthless anyway. I have friends who swear by theirs but they've only had it a couple years, too soon to tell. Has anyone seen one in an above ground pool for many years without rust problems?

Welcome to TFP :wave: Rust is really not an issue....maybe a tad around the skimmer screws or if you have a deck it could speed up decking nail/screw corrosion, but nothing extreme or different from living near the coastline. I say go for it :goodjob:

We just have the regular old Intex SWG and LOVE IT :party:

I had an Intex SWG for many years on our AGP - stand alone unit. We now have an Aqua Rite. Yes some screws will have rust issues if not ss and the upright top plates had some rust we just sanded off and painted with Rustoleum, but the walls and other main structure show no signs of problems. The SWG sure makes life easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.