Should I add extra return - rust an issue?

Jan 20, 2008
Northeast Florida
I am getting a new liner and considering adding an extra return on the opposite side of the pool. (Its a 33' round pool and the single return is beside the skimmer. I can do the plumbing myself, just wondering if it is worth the extra trouble for the added circulation. I am also wondering if I should be concerned about the new return rusting out, since it would be installed in a steel section of the pool wall (the pool has an aluminum panel for the original skimmer and return) Has anyone had trouble with rusty returns in steel walls?

I added the return. My installer suggested putting it 1/3 the way aroune (counter clockwise) from the original return. He explained that the water needs a little puch there and the skimmer will draw it the rest of the way. Interesting logic. We will see how it works (plumbing not hooked up yet)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.