2 Speed Pump Question

Jun 25, 2008
Lewisberry, PA
I currently have a Hayward DE filter with a 1 hp Super Pump wired for 110 volts. The motor is bad and needs replaced. I have found a good deal on a new complete Super Pump with two speed motor. My question is this, are two speed motors 230 volt only or can they be switched over to 110 volts as my original motor can?

Current model is an SP1607-Z1-M, new model is an SP2607X102S.

Thanks

My hayward 1 hp 2 speed is 110v. Dunno if my pool store special orderd them but they have em in stock. I looked at the stayrights and with the way the stayright pump outlet is positioned it would have to be rigged with a 90 elbow and not mounted on my hayward DE 40 baseplate.
Plus I think the haywards are a bit quieter with pressure. JMO

PoolGuyNJ said:
Pool-creetin, you have an above ground pump. It's not suitable for most in-ground applications.

The Sta-Rite and Pentair units should both be able to be bolted to Hayward base plates.

Scott

Opps missed that. ;) My bad. I looked at both pumps and the hayward baseplate was not compatable with the way the wet end was on the sta-rite. Well unless it was jury rigged, and then it would not fit on the baseplate. Maybe there would have been a better suited sta-rite pump for my filter but the couple i seen they didnt work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.