Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 Speed Pump Question

1. Back To Top    #1

2 Speed Pump Question

I currently have a Hayward DE filter with a 1 hp Super Pump wired for 110 volts. The motor is bad and needs replaced. I have found a good deal on a new complete Super Pump with two speed motor. My question is this, are two speed motors 230 volt only or can they be switched over to 110 volts as my original motor can?

Current model is an SP1607-Z1-M, new model is an SP2607X102S.

Thanks
    Roger

14 x 28 Vinyl Inground, 13200 gal., Hayward EC-65 DE w/1hp Superpump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 Speed Pump Question

All Hayward 2 speeds are 230. Pentair makes a 115 SuperFlo, 3/4 HP 2 SP part number 341111. The SuperFlo lines up with the Super Pump's plumbing.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Scott...According to the owner's manual http://www.haywardnet.com/products/m.../Manual113.pdf looks like the only pump that would require 230 wiring is the 2.5hp model. All the other hp ratings appear to be optional 115/230

Not sure, but a quick read doesn't look like they distinguish between 2sp vs non
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

All 3 versions of 2 speed Super Pumps are 230VAC. See page 16 of the 2010 Hayward Buyer's Guide.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys, I did verify that the two speed is 230 v only from the Hayward website.

Roger
    Roger

14 x 28 Vinyl Inground, 13200 gal., Hayward EC-65 DE w/1hp Superpump

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Scott
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

My hayward 1 hp 2 speed is 110v. Dunno if my pool store special orderd them but they have em in stock. I looked at the stayrights and with the way the stayright pump outlet is positioned it would have to be rigged with a 90 elbow and not mounted on my hayward DE 40 baseplate.
    Plus I think the haywards are a bit quieter with pressure. JMO
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

8. Back To Top    #8

Astro send me a pm if you need a model number of my 2 speed haward.
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

9. Back To Top    #9

Pool-creetin, you have an above ground pump. It's not suitable for most in-ground applications.

The Sta-Rite and Pentair units should both be able to be bolted to Hayward base plates.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Pool-creetin, you have an above ground pump. It's not suitable for most in-ground applications.

The Sta-Rite and Pentair units should both be able to be bolted to Hayward base plates.

Scott
    Opps missed that. My bad. I looked at both pumps and the hayward baseplate was not compatable with the way the wet end was on the sta-rite. Well unless it was jury rigged, and then it would not fit on the baseplate. Maybe there would have been a better suited sta-rite pump for my filter but the couple i seen they didnt work.