Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Acrylic lace decking issues *pics*

1. Back To Top    #1

Acrylic lace decking issues *pics*

We had a small get together today and broke out the Aderondac chairs and various patio furniture. Once again the pool was a great hit thanks to the good people of this site. While cleaning up tonight I noticed that there were some wear spots where the furniture was setting. The acrylic was put down 5/21 in the AM. The PB said no furniture on the decking for a week, which we honored. I'm just wondering if anybody out there has seen this type of issue. I will be calling the PB Monday but wanted to get some input from the experts here.
    Thanks
    Good spot

Bad spot

11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Acrylic lace decking issues *pics*

Does wiping a pool brush or similarly stiff bristle sweep have any impact on the white?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

No big change from brushing it I can remove the white stuff with my thumb nail with out to much effort.
    thanks
    2' Powerfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Is it on the surface, or has it busted through the coating? It kind of looks like paint that may have scuffed off the bottom of the Adirondack chairs from sliding on the deck coating to me. If that is the case, it may just require something stiff (like a credit card) to release it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by simicrintz
    Is it on the surface, or has it busted through the coating? It kind of looks like paint that may have scuffed off the bottom of the Adirondack chairs from sliding on the deck coating to me. If that is the case, it may just require something stiff (like a credit card) to release it.
    Its busted through down to the concrete. My guess is that the product didnt get mixed right and is missing some sort of bonding or hardening agent. I looked at the deck again this morning and have found several claw marks from where my dog launches himself into the water when playing fetch. Some of these are just surface scratches but other are again down to the concrete. Any more input would be appreciated.
    thanks
    On a side note we have more firnds coming over today so it's just going to get worse.
    2' Powerfall

6. Back To Top    #6

They should be able to patch it. It is new enough that the color should be very close to an exact match. They may have missed the mark a bit on prep and you were "lucky" enough to find those areas sooner than later!