Swim Party tomorrow need advice

bigdave

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2007
Boise Idaho
I shocked my pool yesterday to start up the pool. Kicked on the heater and found the FC didn't drop since yesterday. I have a FC count of 17. Thanks duraleigh for getting me the FAS/DPD kit in a record 2 days!!! Great Support!!!

No drop in FC is good, meaning I do not have any organics eating my money up...LOL

I just backed washed about 5 inches worth of space, and currently filling the pool. My pool is approx. 25K gal. 18x36.

I have heard 10 is a safe number for swimmers, but am worried about getting to this value by tomorrow around 4pm. I opened the pool all day today but it was cloudy and some rain.

Do I just keep back flushing and filling until 10? Tomorrow is suppose to be a sunny day, so I will make sure my cover is open all day.

FC =17
CC=0
CYA=40

Other thoughts?

With CYA at 40, your shock Value is 16. FC under 15 would be safe to swim in IMHO. You want to stay out if FC stays above Shock level...also some pool stores sell CL reducer, but again, as long as you are below shock, I think you are fine

The pool has went up 10 degrees over the night with the heater 300K running all night...can't wait to see the gas bill...lol

The FC has dropped to 13 and CC is still zero. I have added another 4lbs of CYA to continue to get my system to 70. Lowes has a pretty good deal at 14.99 for 4lbs with only 1% inert, 99% acid. Wally world was same price with 4% inert.

The kids are going to have a blast, thanks everyone for teaching me about FC and safe swim levels. It's only going to be high 60's today, so the pool will be warmer than outside, looks like bbq dad will be in the pool as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.