Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how to clean a inground pool ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

how to clean a inground pool ladder

My stainless ladder has a lot of gunk of some sort and would like to know what I could use to clean it. Last year I made the mistake of putting the ladder in the pool when the water was still in bad shape.

To be honest I am not sure if its stainless or just a chrome finish, probably the latter because it came with the pool.

Thanks
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: how to clean a inground pool ladder

Can you describe the gunk? Can you not just wipe it away with a wet towel?

I wouldn't recommend using any kind of abrasive cleaning tool because it would likely scratch the surface.
    45,180 gallon 26' x 53' IG Vinyl, irregular shape. Hayward sand filter / pump. Polaris AutoClear SWG, supplemented with a Hayward Automatic Chlorinator (In-Line). Hayward 400K BTU heater. Paramount "turnover" system. Polaris 480 PRO cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

It looks like it might be rust.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

I had the same thing when I first bought our home, so I used Jacks magic and then bought a buffer that attaches to my cordless drill. That made it shiny! Worked like a champ.

Hope that helps some. You can buy Jacks Magic online. I bought mine at intheswim.com.

Good luck!
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool: http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/