Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We opened our pool about 10 days ago. We need massive amounts of salt, 160 lbs according to pool calculator. We buy the water softener salt because it is WAY cheaper than pool salt, but I feel like we need to predissolve it because when we don't we end up with little rocks on the bottom of the pool. When we predissolve, we can pick those out.

It is a slow process predissolving 160 lbs. As an experiment, I threw a handful of salt into the skimmer. The salt was gone in less than 3 minutes. I did it again with 2 handfuls and again it disappeared. IT'S A MIRACLE!! :party: :party:

BUT, will it damage the pipes, pump, filter, or heater? Wanted to check with you helpful people before I threw any more in.

As long as you don't add enough at one time to clog the filter basket, it's a very good way to introduce the salt :cool: Sometimes the plastic granular salt bags we use will have a little tear in them, resulting in the salt forming chunks, we pour the, still granular salt, directly into the pool and put the chunks in the skimmer or on a step or seat under a return.

Anyplace you can put the salt so that water flow is increased around it will increase the dissolution of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.