how to wire a pentair wfds-3

May 25, 2007
115v operation. Have the whip, leads are white, black and green. Have connected the green to the motor ground screw. Motor has a toggle switch on the back of it. I followed the wiring diagram on the motor label for pump with toggle switch, had white lead from whip on #1 connector, yellow from toggle switch on #2, white from switch on #3 and black from whip on #4. Would only run on low speed. Called pentair. They won't tell me anything about wiring due to liability reasons, said to call an electrician :( He did say there is a problem with the way I described the wiring.

Took all back apart, wired for motor without toggle switch, thinking maybe that was if the switch was separate from the motor. Moved whip's black wire to #2, left everything else the same, which is my best interpretation of what they describe on the label. Now only runs on high speed :(

Need help asap. Am leaving in the am for a few days, and have to give the pump I've been borrowing back tonight. Worse case I'll leave it running on high speed, but sure would like to know what the heck I'm doing wrong.

HELP!

Thanks for the offer. Sorry to be so late getting back, but right after I posted the above my union electrician brother called me back and got me sorted out. Pumps working great, can't even hear it running on low :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.