Happy Bottom alternative?

I'm sorry there have been no replys to this but given the timeframe there's not much option except to find a pool builder or store that stocks it and drive there to get it. There's not a lot of comparable material out there. I've heard of people using carpet padding but I wouldn't recommend it.

Well unfortunately no one here in Richmond, VA carries it. They all drop ship it from the manufacturer.

The only item I have seen mentioned on this forum was from 1 or 2 members and that was the 4'x8' foam insulation sheets available at Lowes/HD. My only concern about this is how well it will hold up over the years and of course the seams.

I cannot seem to find any feedback on how well it worked for anyone either (ie their results after install)

Greg

I have happy bottom under my pool and also the foam pool cove. It's on its 14th year now & everything is holding up well. For the 1st few years it will feel nice & cushy when you step on it. I laid it out & used duct tape to connect the seams. you can see & feel where the seams are but no problems. Sorry you can't get it in time. You would love it. Maybe the Lowes/Home Depot would have an alternative? It's just 3/16 - 1/4 inch white foam that comes in rolls. I believe its a closed cell type. Good luck with the install!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.