Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Happy Bottom alternative?

1. Back To Top    #1

Happy Bottom alternative?

We would like to use but cannot get in time for our install on Wed. Any other options like this we can use?

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Happy Bottom alternative?

I'm also looking for this I want to set up my pool tomorrow
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm sorry there have been no replys to this but given the timeframe there's not much option except to find a pool builder or store that stocks it and drive there to get it. There's not a lot of comparable material out there. I've heard of people using carpet padding but I wouldn't recommend it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Well unfortunately no one here in Richmond, VA carries it. They all drop ship it from the manufacturer.

The only item I have seen mentioned on this forum was from 1 or 2 members and that was the 4'x8' foam insulation sheets available at Lowes/HD. My only concern about this is how well it will hold up over the years and of course the seams.

I cannot seem to find any feedback on how well it worked for anyone either (ie their results after install)

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

5. Back To Top    #5

I have happy bottom under my pool and also the foam pool cove. It's on its 14th year now & everything is holding up well. For the 1st few years it will feel nice & cushy when you step on it. I laid it out & used duct tape to connect the seams. you can see & feel where the seams are but no problems. Sorry you can't get it in time. You would love it. Maybe the Lowes/Home Depot would have an alternative? It's just 3/16 - 1/4 inch white foam that comes in rolls. I believe its a closed cell type. Good luck with the install!
    12,900 Gal. 24' X 48" ABG Vinyl Round (17th Birthday)
    1HP Hayward Pump w/S180T Hayward Sand Filter
    AquaTrol RJ SWCG 2011 startup
    TFP Method since '09, TF100
    50ppm Borates, June '12