Hayward Xstream Problem

May 28, 2010
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbe here and was looking for help with a problem I'm having with my filter. I've had the AGP now for 4 years and last year the cover on the Hayward Xstream became harder and harder to remove and reinstall, now its leaking and I cannot get it on tight enough. Last year I replaced the cover o-ring since it had stretched.

any help with this problem would be great

Thanks
Pete

1) Ensure all surfaces are cleaned of dirt.
2) Debur any nicks or small gouges.
3) Use Magic Lube or Jack's 327 lube on the o-rings. Not a lot, but enough to prevent the o-ring from twisting or getting hung and stretching.
4) A toothbrush to clean off dirt is your friend. When it's time to replace your personal toothbrush, save the old one for this purpose.
5) Replace O-Rings when needed.

Scott

Pete,
I have the same filter, every year I use a small scrub brush (like a nail brush but bigger than a tooth brush) and some regular dish soap (we use Dawn) to scrub the filter housing and threads on the bellyband. Lube up the o-ring with some Jacks or similar silicone lube and assemble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.