Wall Foam Spray Adhesive recomendation request

Cant believe I went to the pool place today to get new skimmer gaskets etc in preperation,,, then I dared to ask the question " what do you sell for wall foam adhesive" I couldnt believe it when she pulled out a can of 3M blue 72,,, then I was even more shoked when I seen the price tag of $ 6.95,,,, yeah,,, $6.95! I said,, I'll take 4 please.

So I decided now to put up the wall foam 1st, then the next day level out the floor sand and put the Gorilla pad down, then install the foam cove to the wall foam,,, now second guessing,,, should I do the floor 1st then wall foam then cove? I wonder about the collecting of condensation or even rainf for that matter if the floor is in for a couple of days before I get the chance to put the liner on it? I suppose I could mop out what I could and let the sun dehydrate the Gorilla pad before I put the liner on it?

We did our floor, then wall then cove - the liner didn't go in until the next day and there was plenty of morning condensation but it's not a huge deal - remember, your pad will wick moisture up from the ground as well.

Yeah, I was going to do the wall 1st because I figured if I did the floor 1st, there would be a lot of impressions from walking all over it to do the wall and cove, but it would be a lot less messy to do the wall after the floor was in so the roll of wall pad wouldn’t be touching the sand. Anyway, I thought it would be a bad idea if there was water on the surface of the floor pad and then I laid the liner over it (trapping it) it might damage the liner? But if that’s not the case,,, sure sounds like the floor going in 1st is the best approach.

After raking the compressed existing pool floor sand, so I can level out the ruts etc, I don’t have the ability to use a tamper tool to pack it down so to speak, I tries one of those water rollers one time to press it down, but if any moisture gets on the barrel, it lumps up the sand, creating nothing but a headache. Is using a rake sufficient enough to level it out, then put the Gorilla pad down, and then go over the padding with the water barrel sound like a good idea? I would think so as now I wont clump up the sand on the barrel.

You know we just raked it as level generally THEN used the back side (non bristle side) of a big shop sweeper broom pulling towards me to smooth it out as flat and level as possible. It really worked nicely! Then we put the pad down and used the broom again to smooth that again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.