All Clear!

Jimh64

Jun 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I opened up my pool and everything is clear!

FC 1
CC o
T/1 110
CYA >10

My queston is, since it is clear, do I need to bring the pool up to Shock Level?

I will add Stabilizer and Bleach per the Pool Calculator to bring my levels up and test again.

Thanks!

PH is about 7.5....It's tough to differentiate the colors in that vial sometimes!

Glad I don't have to Shock. I added the Stabilizer in a sock like recommended on this site.

I'll check it again tomorrow, but I need to order the reagent R-0013, I'm out..:-(

Thanks!

Jimh64 said:
PH is about 7.5....It's tough to differentiate the colors in that vial sometimes!

Glad I don't have to Shock. I added the Stabilizer in a sock like recommended on this site.

I'll check it again tomorrow, but I need to order the reagent R-0013, I'm out..:-(

Thanks!

Yep, that pH can be a bugger to read.
Have you seen this color scale? Sometimes reading the colors helps us - well, some of us!

above 8.2 purple
8.0-8.2 purplish red
7.8 pinkish red with a hint of purple
7.6 red
7.4-7.5 red with an orange cast
7.2 orange
7.0 yellow orange
6.8 and below yellow

As long as I see red, orange, or reddish orange, I am okay. Anything else, I get another opinion :lol:

Don't forget to add your bleach. :wink:

I like that better.

I am definately red with an orange cast, so I am ok.

I did add the Bleach, so we will see how it looks tomorrow! I'm gonna go through my kit and see what other refills I need.

How did you add the links to your sinature? I saw how to add a url, but that just shows the link address, not the title.

Thanks again!

Butterfly said:
above 8.2 purple
8.0-8.2 purplish red
7.8 pinkish red with a hint of purple
7.6 red
7.4-7.5 red with an orange cast
7.2 orange
7.0 yellow orange
6.8 and below yellow
Everyone has a slightly different interpretation of color, but based on the color blocks I've seen I have a different naming scheme. The two color blocks shown here and here has me name the colors as follows (I have these blocks at home and have looked at them with white background and against the sky and also looked at pool water samples varying the pH with acid/base drops from the Taylor K-2006):

8.2 -- purple/violet
8.0 -- pink-red
7.8 -- pink-red with hint of orange
7.6 -- reddish-orange
7.5 -- orange with hint of red
7.4 -- darker orange
7.2 -- light orange or yellowish orange
7.0 -- yellow with a hint of orange
6.8 -- yellow

The block in the K-1000 at 7.5 looks redder, but the 7.6 in the K-2006 is more reddish-orange and I think is more accurate from looking at water samples at various pH. To me, 7.5 seems to be a deep (dark) orange with hints of red in it. When crossing to 7.6, it becomes more clearly reddish though not what I would call red.

Perhaps we should collect color names from people seeing differing pH -- especially if they use the acid/base drops in the Taylor kits to see the different hues in actual pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.