brand new Aquatrol- Still not working

KurtG

Feb 26, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Didn't even work for 1 minute. I have check salt and check cell lights with no (0) salt reading. The unit won't reset with reset procedures from the Hayward/Goldline techs. Good news is that they plugged me quickly to warranty repair services nearby. Bad news, the locals deal with $50k+ waterfront pool construction jobs so my little job hasn't had many call backs.

I hopefully have a service scheduled for late next week. I hope the pool doesn't turn green before the service guy can get here to look at it. Bad part was I hard plumbed everything so I hope I don't have to remove the cell for repairs too. Might have to start building a PVC run with another union I can plug and play if I have to remove the cell.

I opened the new pool with regular chlorine so will have to keep that up a bit longer. I was looking forward to not dealing with bleach.

Re: brand new Aquatrol, bad PC board (they think)

You had to install the unions for the cell, so when the tech dude shows up, he can put a 'blank' cell in to enable you to run the pool.

I'll happily defer to the certified techs who can be poolside (I'm also certified).

Let me know what they say. :cool:

I didn't get a PVC blank made this weekend. Is this something the techs carry standard or do I need to rig one up before he comes (Thurs)?

I have valves to shut the water flow off, but have no concept how long the SWG might be out of comission.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Take heart - the Aqua Rite products are not all lemons - ours has worked like a dream since the day of installation. Your replacement parts will make it right for you and you will feel a lot better.

Kurt, sorry and ****** off that this is happening! I like Hayward products and it's a shame that you're receiving such poor service :rant:

I have an old, but working T-15 cell that I can mail you to test your unit (I'll need the cell back when you're done) PM me your address and I'll send it out Monday, if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer. I called Aquatrol this morning and have to go through one more diagnostic, but not home now. The techs came and put in a new PC board, when we were not home after saying they'd come out about 6 times prior. They left a note, but unit still not working. They claim it was low salt, but I don't think they tested the salt (is at proper level) nor knew how to reset the unit. Still no salt reading on the unit. Still not working...Piece of Crud.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Now they Hayward says the cell is bad.....I have to schedule another service call and wait until someone can get out here (another 3-4 weeks?).

NEVER buy an Aqua Trol. The service is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

Another week & still not working...tech service keeps asking me what is hte problem. Hayward keeps giving me a differnt diagnosis on the tech line. Hayward just wants me to try a different tech service and wait 3 more weeks to get scheduled again. NEVER buy an Auqatrol!

Hayward/Goldline depends on a network of hundreds (thousands?) of local dealers to do their servicing. In that kind of situation, there will always be the occasional bad area where the local dealer is not performing up to snuff. Their nationwide average is quite good, though I know that is of little comfort to you.

Actually the service from their HQ has been down right awful. I'm told that I have to use the locals. If I were to send the unit back for repairs it would take all summer. They seem to only want to diagnose on the phone and I get a different answer with every call given the same symptoms.

I am hoping it is a bad cell. What else can be wrong? Seems like it is either the board or the cell and they don't konw. The board was replaced once already. But the techs didn't test the water right and left promptly (I doubt they waited long enough for the strip test to register). Nevermind there was NO salt reading on the unit.

I do really appreicate the offer for the test cell, but it doesn't do me much good in getting hayward/the locals out to actually fix my unit under warranty. My main problem with the locals is why would they do a dinky warranty service call when they can do a $50,000 install? About 15-20 promised appointments, 1 show, and 14-19 no shows........

I'm thinking about buying the $100-$150 plug in unit I've seen online. I hope it is not a Hayward.

we finally got a tech to come out!!!!! However, now the cell is bad. It is going to take a week to order and heck knows how many more weeks to get a tech back out.

So, a good (CRAPPY!!!) unit. A bad board & a bad cell. At least it had a shiny white case, lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.