Buying a used PENTAIR INTELLICHLOR?

denisbaldwin

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2010
I have an opportunity to buy a 3 year old Pentair Intellichlor salt unit. The cell was replaced 10 months ago and it's from a house going into foreclosure. The price is right ($200), but I'm not sure on the longevity of a used unit like this. What should I look for in buying a used unit? What is most likely to be faulty? Is it wise to even be something like that used??

Denis

Does it include the power center? If it does and the cell is only 10 months old then $200 is a good deal. Just make sure you can mount the power cell less than 15 ft from the cell. Also, is it an IC20, 40, or ?

The cells are rated for 10,000 hours, which is usually 5 years under "normal" use. I'd try and find an IC40 personally, even though your pool is small in gallons. The 20 will work, but it will have to work harder than the 40 would to maintain chlorine residual. Check and see if the power center will handle a 40 (I've never sold a 20, so I'm not sure on compatibility), and see what the replacement cost is for a new cell.

If all of that makes sense (!), it sounds like a good deal :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.