Relocating pool light switch

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
Buckeye, AZ 85326
Hey all I've been thinking about relocating my pool light switch but I'm not sure what all is invovled. I've moved indoor light switches and I'm pretty sure it's the same type of thing....hopefully.? I would like to move the switch about 5 feet to the left and maybe even around the corner.
Any input would be appreciated
Here is the current setup.
Black box is the J box for the pool light,
Top switch: Pool light switch
Middle:Two 120V GFCI outlets
Bottom switch is for the pool pump 220V
thanks
DSCF09471.jpg

DSCF09481.jpg

The GFCI is feeding the switch. Removing the existing switch would be hard so leave it there. If the GFCI box or the switch box has a side port, run you conduit to where yo want the new switch and then to the other port of the fixture's deck box and run your wiring. Then you can disconnect the old switch and remove the old hot wire from the deck box. The new switch will have the new hot wire and a ground. The existing common can stay but that might confuse the next person or an inspector.

Scott

lborne said:
You might want to try this - a remote wall switch - got good reviews and if you are only 5 feet away should work fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Heath-Zenith-BL-6 ... 555&sr=1-3

Just ordered one. Worth a try for 20 bucks. My Light switch is on the other side of the yard by the pump, about 25 yards from the patio. I'll report back and let you know whether it works or not. Thanks for the tip!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.