red valves

May 28, 2009
south jersey
I have 10 red handle I think they are jandy valves they have a union on them so you can take them apart and lube them.
Problem is the are so hard to turn that almost all the handle have broken off .. Its very frustrating I have the black valves for my drains the ones that you unscrew the top and can take the handle off and move they are butter smooth They might be called never lube ..

I take apart the red valves and lubed them with pool grease from store but they should not be that hard to move kids can not turn valves anyone else have this problem pool is 3 years old valves are 1.50 and 2.00 inch

726031-1_9.jpg

Picture taken from this web site
http://www.westsidewholesale.com/pool-s ... lves-plist

These?

Wow, 7. I think I'd try and replumb to reduce that amount some. Maybe replacing some of them with 3-ways. I don't know the best place to buy them but I'd do some serious internet shopping before I bought that many.

twinsticks said:
Okay I need 7 of them weres the best place and brand to buy them at

Pentair makes a valve that's similar to the Jandy for about half the price of the Jandy. I have two, and they look to be well made, but I haven't installed them yet so I can't comment on function or longevity.

I have the Pentair valves - on a new pool so I can't address longevity, but they function smoothly and seem as well made as the Jandy valves - same lifetime warranty as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bama Rambler said:
Wow, 7. I think I'd try and replumb to reduce that amount some. Maybe replacing some of them with 3-ways. I don't know the best place to buy them but I'd do some serious internet shopping before I bought that many.

If you need just one way valves I bought a few in the 1 1/2" and 2" size from Lowes here in Nevada for around 9 and 11 dollars respectivly they are all white including the handles and are call a Union valve. Way cheaper than a Jandy one way but does not come apart as easy.

The handles turn nice however.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.