Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: red valves

1. Back To Top    #1

red valves

I have 10 red handle I think they are jandy valves they have a union on them so you can take them apart and lube them.
    Problem is the are so hard to turn that almost all the handle have broken off .. Its very frustrating I have the black valves for my drains the ones that you unscrew the top and can take the handle off and move they are butter smooth They might be called never lube ..

I take apart the red valves and lubed them with pool grease from store but they should not be that hard to move kids can not turn valves anyone else have this problem pool is 3 years old valves are 1.50 and 2.00 inch
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: red valves

Picture taken from this web site
    http://www.westsidewholesale.com/pool-s ... lves-plist

These?
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

3. Back To Top    #3

yes thankyou
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

4. Back To Top    #4

Even though they have the union fitting they're not really very good valves. The never-lubes are great valves and designed to be rebuilt. Replacing the red handled valves is the best fix.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Okay I need 7 of them weres the best place and brand to buy them at

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow, 7. I think I'd try and replumb to reduce that amount some. Maybe replacing some of them with 3-ways. I don't know the best place to buy them but I'd do some serious internet shopping before I bought that many.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

My pool has two skimers two drains two set of steps a swim in spa and six water shooters also has lines for water fall and slide

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by twinsticks
    Okay I need 7 of them weres the best place and brand to buy them at
    Pentair makes a valve that's similar to the Jandy for about half the price of the Jandy. I have two, and they look to be well made, but I haven't installed them yet so I can't comment on function or longevity.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

9. Back To Top    #9

I have the Pentair valves - on a new pool so I can't address longevity, but they function smoothly and seem as well made as the Jandy valves - same lifetime warranty as well.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

10. Back To Top    #10

I bought mine fron here. Besure to look at all 6 pages of valves.

http://www.westsidewholesale.com/pool-s ... lves-plist
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Wow, 7. I think I'd try and replumb to reduce that amount some. Maybe replacing some of them with 3-ways. I don't know the best place to buy them but I'd do some serious internet shopping before I bought that many.
    If you need just one way valves I bought a few in the 1 1/2" and 2" size from Lowes here in Nevada for around 9 and 11 dollars respectivly they are all white including the handles and are call a Union valve. Way cheaper than a Jandy one way but does not come apart as easy.

The handles turn nice however.
    20,000 gal. 32' x 17' freeform custom pool, 3ft. shallow - 8ft. deep end, Pentair Whisper flow 2.2 HP WF-6, Purex/Triton Nautilus FNS48 DE filter, 2 Intex Chlorine Generators (retired) SR Smith Rouge Rapids curved slide, The Pool Cleaner 4-wheel model w/Hayward large leaf canister. Tightwatt pool timer Spa: Beachport 5 person/350gal. Wishlist: move Neiko Tools pump to slide, solar system, Fountain, Automation. http://www.poolcalculator.com/