May 28, 2009
south jersey
Okay got a ? have the tf 100 test kit.. When testing for ta it says to add one drop at a time until it turns red problem is it looks pink to me and my wife so what color should it be...

Also I used the calculater on here punched in my # but what is the recommended figures when I input my figures it says I am low on ta , ph, cya and clorine.. I just added 5 gallons of 16.5 % liquid clorine and 8 pounds of cya stabilezer from pool store yeserday....

tested today
ph 7.2
cya 10
ta 80 turned pink at that
clorine still does not show water is crystal clear

My pool is 37000 gallon liner

On the TA test, it doesn't really matter what shade of red/pink it is. The rule is to add drops until it starts to change to anything in the red family, then continue adding drops as long as the color continues changing, if you add a drop and the color doesn't change any further you are done and the final drop, which didn't change the color, doesn't count.

PH at 7.2 is alright. It will probably drift up very slowly, which is also fine. If it goes down at all you should raise it to 7.5.

It is best not to do a CYA test for a whole week after adding CYA. There aren't as many CYA tests available in most of the test kits as there are for some of the other tests because it uses so much CYA reagent each time. Since you know the CYA level will be changing for a couple of days there isn't much point in testing it.

Chlorine needs to be added each evening. Well, it could be added at some other time of day, but evening is best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.