Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ta ?

1. Back To Top    #1

ta ?

Okay got a ? have the tf 100 test kit.. When testing for ta it says to add one drop at a time until it turns red problem is it looks pink to me and my wife so what color should it be...

Also I used the calculater on here punched in my # but what is the recommended figures when I input my figures it says I am low on ta , ph, cya and clorine.. I just added 5 gallons of 16.5 % liquid clorine and 8 pounds of cya stabilezer from pool store yeserday....

tested today
    ph 7.2
    cya 10
    ta 80 turned pink at that
    clorine still does not show water is crystal clear

My pool is 37000 gallon liner
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ta ?

On the TA test, it doesn't really matter what shade of red/pink it is. The rule is to add drops until it starts to change to anything in the red family, then continue adding drops as long as the color continues changing, if you add a drop and the color doesn't change any further you are done and the final drop, which didn't change the color, doesn't count.

PH at 7.2 is alright. It will probably drift up very slowly, which is also fine. If it goes down at all you should raise it to 7.5.

It is best not to do a CYA test for a whole week after adding CYA. There aren't as many CYA tests available in most of the test kits as there are for some of the other tests because it uses so much CYA reagent each time. Since you know the CYA level will be changing for a couple of days there isn't much point in testing it.

Chlorine needs to be added each evening. Well, it could be added at some other time of day, but evening is best.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay think I got it will test cya in a week will try to get it to 40
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

4. Back To Top    #4

Okay You say its best to add clorine at night do you have to run the pump or just dump it in

5. Back To Top    #5

Run the pump whenever adding chemicals.
    Have you read:
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool

How long has the water been clear but no chlorine? Did you just open the pool?
    You should probably do an overnight FC Loss test.
    Overnight FC Loss Test
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

water been clean at least two weeks open may 1 already added 24 182 oz of bleach