Worms!!!!

bobmac

Aug 11, 2009
I'm in the process of shocking a green pool and noticed a few small red wiggly worms squirming around. Well... I really stirred up the water today and found hungreds, maybe thousands in the water... A quick I-net search leads me to believe that they are fly larvae.... Should I be concerned?? Keep shocking and filtering?????

bobmac said:
I'm in the process of shocking a green pool and noticed a few small red wiggly worms squirming around. Well... I really stirred up the water today and found hungreds, maybe thousands in the water... A quick I-net search leads me to believe that they are fly larvae.... Should I be concerned?? Keep shocking and filtering?????
Skim them out. You'll just use up Chlorine dissolving them. The more of anything you can get out with a net, the faster the shock will go.

In case they are fly larvae, figure out how to kill them. You don't need clouds of flies around your yard.

They are normal for a pool that has been stagnant and not clorinated. we had those and many more to contend with. Just get the CL levels up to shock levels, keep the water circulating and clean the filter, I don't know what the best way to clean them out of a sand filter is, but we had lots in our cartridge filter, we hosed them off, and once they dried out they died! That is also true for frog eggs, other larve and the big swimming criketfish(can't remember what they are called, but that's what they look like :roll: ). Just keep scooping, filtering, and get they CL levels up and they will be eridicated!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.