Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I am awaiting the arrival of my TF100 test kit .. but had the pool store test my water today. Looks like they are getting better. Still chasing the stabelizer! Have already added 9 lbs and they are suggesting I add 2 more. Should I keep adding .. seems like I need to get the CYA to about 30.

FC: 3.9
TC: 4.3
PH: 8
Hardness: 250
TA: 111
CYA 15

Should I continue to add more stabelizer?

Thanks. Rich

I have added 2 or 3 lbs / day for the last 3 days. Also have some sediment in my pool that needs to be vacuumed up. I vacummed when I opened my pool, but it was cloudy in the deep end and couldn't see. Now that it is clear, I need to vacuum. I understand that I should not backflush?

Thanks,
Rich

My first test using TF-100

Merged threads to maintain history. :wink: Butterfly

Here are my #s using TF100 for the first time:

FC 5
CC .5
TC 5.5
PH 7.3
T/A 120
CH 250
CYA 20
Temp 73

Even after ready the pool school, I am a little confused on where to go next. PH still a little low and CYA needs to come up? Pool has a chlorine smell. Using 3in trichlor tabs in-line auto feeder. ??? Please help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AS coloeb said, "How does your water look?". That visual assesment is important to help us get a complete picture.

If you continue to use pucks to chlorinate, it will add the CYA quite slowly (that's okay as long as you keep an eye on it.....stop around 40ppm or so) and it will likely continue to lower your pH.

Your pH is okay now but if it lowers much more you could use two strategies....

1. Continue the use of the pucks up to 40ppm CYA and use 20 Mule Team Borax to raise your pH if it continues to lower.

2. Stop using the pucks and switch to LQ. Your pH will start to rise slowly and you will need to add CYA seperately to get to 40ppm.

Since you added appx. 9 lbs of CYA already, wait about a week after the last add to test CYA level.

You added enough to get to 40 and, even tho you can't test that level yet, you should adjust your chlorine levels accordingly.

If you smell chlorine, you are smelling CC's and need to either increase your FC level or shock or both.

Assuming CYA of 40, you should maintain your FC between 3 and 6.

I suggest you do an Overnight FC Loss test tonight. Here's the article from Pool School:
pool-school/overnight_fc_test

If it was my pool, smelling cc's, I would just go ahead shock now.

Your pH is fine.

I will shock again tonight to get rid off CC's
Doesn't seem to me there is a need.

You are finished shocking when....

1. Your pool water is sparkling
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

So you've accomplished 1 and 2. I would do an overnight FC loss test and see if you can satisfy #3 and then you are done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.