New 27' Rnd AGP install Wed equipment setup - updated

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
After researching on this site I am planning on the placing the pump/filter in a metal shed I have in the yard.

Pool is 27' 52" Deep AGP
Filter Waterco T450 (165lb Sand Filter)
Waterco 2HP pump (I doubt it is 2 speed but I have not looked closely enough yet)

Shed is a standard cheapy metal shed 12'x12'x6' with wooden OSB floor. It is about 30-40 feet I guess from the pool (perhaps less). It is also very slightly uphill to the pool.

I plan to place this in the shed running 2" PVC underground from the shed to the pool area. Where it pops out of the ground I will connect an elbow and a red handled "ball valve" to open and close water flow. I will do this on both ends (i.e. next to the pool return and skimmer box and at the pump).

From the T-Valve I will then drop down to 1 1/2 for connections.

For draining I will simply have to connect a flexible line to it when needed and lay it on the ground to a spot where it can drain (no good options for me here). I should be able to slide it under my fence and out to the road behind my house where there is a sewer drain then pick it back up when I am done.

I will not have a main drain even though I think it would be nice to have.

Anything else I am missing or you guys would like to add.

Should I but it on a concrete pad inside the shed?

Greg

Update:

The run I need to make is about 50 feet with 3 90 degree bends (1 up from the ground to the pool, 1 in ground after about 30 feet or so from the pool, and 1 from the ground up to the pump)

Is this too far for the above 2HP pump for this 27' round pool?

Also does anyone know how deep I need to bury the pipes -- I will be using Schedule 40 rigid PVC

Re: New 27' Rnd AGP install Wed equipment setup check me please

The motor and the filter (and the heater if you have one) should be on concrete. There will be lots of water getting on the floor around both the pump and the filter and OSB disintegrates after a while of being wet, so I would cut out a hole in the floor for the equipment pad and set things up so any excess water drains out below the floor.

I would do all the equipment pad plumbing in 2", use Jandy valves instead of the cheap T valves. Neither one is required, but both are very nice.

You most likely won't find Jandy valves at Lowes/HD, probably only pool stores and online.

If you are going to add valves, the cheap ball valves suck! They can be quite hard to open and close, and after a while the handle ends up breaking off. If you can, go with the Jandy valves. You'll spend more, but the cheap ones are NOT worth the hassle!

Yeah they are pricey. I don't have an issue with getting these so long as I can find them quickly as I am going to the plumbing work (trench digging and piping) myself over this long w/e since the install will be on Wed.

Will there be any issues with the length of the run and the fact that the shed area will be higher than the ground level of the pool -- it won't be higher than the skimmer box height though.

Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.