Looking to purchase a SWG system UPDATED W/PIC

May 27, 2010
Hi all, after many days sifting through all the threads, I have come to the conclusion to purchase the CircuPool R30 system and install it myself since all 5 bids I got from Pool supply stores range from 1800-2500. I have a 14x28 pool 14,000 gallons. Filter setup, Jacuzzi sand filter (8yrs) and Polaris 380 cleaner. For install, from what I have read, the cell goes on the return to the pool. Here is my issue, it looks like I will need to connect the cell right out of the filter, using a 90 degree elbow to go into the cell. Will this be an issue? I also have a blow out valve on this same line so I will need to keep that intact as well.

Re: Looking to purchase a SWG system

Welcome to TFP!

You don't want the SWG too close to the filter, though it partly depends on the orientation. The main issue is that the SWG produces hydrogen bubbles, and you want to make sure that there is no way for the hydrogen to go backwards and accumulate in the filter.

If you post a picture of your equipment pad, we can make some more specific suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.