Salt Test strips.

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
I had the Aquacheck strips from last year that i finished up and bought a new bottle. There's a big difference in readings from the last bottle to this one. The only kicker is my SWG agrees with last year's bottle. I had roughly 3000 ppm but now the new bottle says 2400+. I've checked with both bottles several times and I got the same results.

So, should i stay with the new bottles' strip results and change my swg readings manually, or should i get a third test of some kind and go from there?

I've stored the bottle inside, away from heat humidity on a shelf all winter. This year's bottle however, came in the mail when it was 95 degrees out with the sun shining on it in my mailbox. lol I wonder if that did anything?

Anyway, I did add 40 pounds of salt. I still wonder which test is right? Maybe that's why my readings have been off a little. I've read a few threads on the strips and believe them to be accurate, but I have to choose which one is the correct reading. My initial hunch is the current strips, but the old ones are less than a year old. I've not abused them in any way. I quickly retighten the cap as soon as I grab one strip out of the bottle and store it again.

What really matters is what the SWG says, so go by that. Unless you have some reason to think the SWG is wildly wrong, just go by what it says. After all, it is the SWG that cares what the salt level is.

Hmmm, well it "says" 3700 salt level now, since I added the 40 pounds.

Where's my siphon! lol

thanks.

How can I get an accurate measurement now? Pool store? I had hoped never to go there. I haven't visited the whole time I've owned the pool, which was one year. I wanted to keep it that way since they laughed at me for piping it with 2" pvc and purchased my pool "from the internet".

OK Thanks. Maybe I'll buy another bottle of Salt test strips. I've tried 3 of them and they all say the same exact thing.

I really wouldn't worry about what the salt level "really" is. If the SWG is happy just leave things alone. All of the possible salt testing approaches have one problem or another, and all that really matters is that the SWG is happy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.