I wonder what the neighbours think...

aqualicious

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I'm on my second day/cycle of lowering TA and then aerating the PH back up.

I've got the eyeball pointing up, creating a big loud obnoxious splash fountain, but it works really good to raise my PH from 7.1 back up to 7.5 Hee hee

I wonder if my neighbours think I've gone crazy and this is new water feature they have to put up with all summer. :lol:

When people hear the word, "acid", for instance, what typically comes to mind, for most people, are strong acids like sulfuric acid. A lot of household products, used by millions of people, cause much more damage and deaths than MA. Shoot, the citric acid in many soda drinks and fountain drinks probably causes more damage, "injury", to tooth enamel, en total, to masses of people, than any damage, "injury" done by muriatic acid.

How many children and pets are seriously injured or killed by common toilet cleaners each year? I've gotten more skin burns from 15%-20% distilled white vinegar used to kill weeds. I've never gotten a burn from MA.

Sometimes, in winter, our city tap water has so much chlorine in it I have to stand away a bit when filling animal water buckets.

gg=alice

svenpup said:
geekgranny said:
...When people hear the word, "acid"...
Along the same lines, I love the concept of a chemical free pool. Last time I checked H2O was a chemical...along with every other speck of matter in the universe!!

Take a look at this riddle. My DH loves to "get" people with it. DH goes into much greater detail of the deadly effects :mrgreen: .

http://www.math.psu.edu/tseng/H2Ojoke.html

Shane1 said:
It's like a secret society. I see all the other people out at night brushing and adjusting their pools. I'm still a noob so I'm out there every night messing with something.

Yeah :handshake: And most of us, who practice TPF methods, spend a whole lot more time "looking" like we are working on the pool than actually working on it.

Many people find it relaxing to brush the pool :-D ; even those of us with bad backs, elbows, wrists, and shoulders.

gg=alice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is something very cool about telling people......yeah I just put some acid in this morning and now I have to make lots of bubbles to make the pool better.

I personally love the secret society MA outfit: shorts and tank top, sunglasses on (can never find safety glasses), gardening gloves on (I don't know..makes me feel better) and my thickest winter scarf tied around my mouth. I must look ridiculous!!!

You're pouring what, BLEACH, into that pool??? For me, I'm in denial, I hide the bottles of bleach in the barn and pour it into a messuring pitcher and then take that out to the pool so my neighbors will not notice what I am pouring in...:) Like an Alchaholic in denial, a pool-aholic:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.