Pool Rover, Pool Rover would the right one come over?

Tim23

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Livingston, Louisiana
I just ordered the "Pool Rover T". I did a pretty good bit of research on the Pool Rover's, here and through the "Aquabot" website etc.. Even though I can see the obvious difference in the Pool Rover and the Pool Rover T, as shown below, I really don't know what the differences are if that makes sense. They are running about $75 to $100 difference in price. If anyone really knows the differences between the two, please feel free to chime in. Like I said, I did order the Rover T. I have 30 days to return it if I am not happy with it. So anyone with a Pool Rover T or has had one, please let me know what you think. Thanks for the help.

Tim

I've been struggling with the same kind of questions. Initially I was trying to find information on the "Aquabot Industrial" line of cleaners (seen at a local pool store.) I followed the web address on the brochure to the Aquaproducts website, but there was nothing anywhere talking about this line. I then called one of the regional sales managers and she explained that these were "custom" units made specially for this particular pool store's buying group. She was able to explain which "custom" model was actually their "normal" model. Because I have an AG, she strongly discouraged me from even considering this line and recommended I look at the Pool Rover Hybrid or the Turbo T-Jet. I quickly realized that the Aquaproducts website is woefully out of date. There are models that don't show up in the "compare models" pages, and if you try to locate a parts diagram, there are diagrams for models no longer listed, and no diagrams for some models that are listed. Here's a summary of what I've been able to determine so far:

Upgrade from a Pool Rover (and Pool Rover Hybrid) to a G-Jet: Longer cord, digital timer, little rollers to assist rolling over drains, and additional buoyancy (foam?) to help it climb walls.

Upgrade from a G-Jet to a Turbo T-Jet: Extra impeller (pump) on motor shaft to spray water through 2 hoses on sides of unit, a few more little rollers, and longer warranty (3 year instead of 1). The main feature, the "powerwash" feature seems to help "push" stuff into the vacuum ports. See video here (scroll to first video near bottom of page).

All of the models have (minor) cosmetic changes (colors, handles, cover shape, etc.)

I also emailed tech support and asked them if they had parts manual for the G-Jet. Here is the reply I received:

"The G Jet unit is a new product offering for this year. It is similar to T Jet unit, except that it does not include power washing jets. The pump motor for this unit, therefore, would be Pump motor P/N A6005. Also, the plastic body is different than a T Jet’s and the P/N of the body is S2003YBL. The rest of the plastic parts are the same as the T Jet’s."

I then replied, "The website shows the Pool Rover JR and the Pool Rover Hybrid, but the parts manuals are only available for the Pool Rover JR and the Pool Rover. What is the difference between the Pool Rover and the Pool Rover Hybrid? Is there a different manual for the Pool Rover Hybrid?"

Their response: "I believe the Pool Rover Hybrid and the Pool Rover are one and the same." [This is from the manufacturer, not some 3rd party reseller!]

Based on the pictures I would guess that this is basically the G-Jet with a different color case. The cord seems a little shorter, the warranty is only 1 year, and the other specs seem to match up fairly close. Since Specialty Pool Products was the only place I could find it online, I wouldn't be surprised if Aquaproducts is custom making this just for them. For what its worth...

Tom

Thanks Tom for all the good info!! I also called Aquabot. I was told I should not use the Aquajet Turbo T on an AGP, which is the one we wanted at first. It seems that they are making several different models of the Pool Rover line .... From what it sounds like is that they are using the same basic platform and just changing some features such as cord length, timer, wheels, etc.. I might do a little more digging myself. I might try and call them back today and see what info I can find out. Thanks again for the help.

Tim

I can't fathom how any of these units without brushes could possibly damage an AG pool. The wheels are not driven (the units are propelled by water out of the exhaust on top) and there aren't any brushes. It's nothing more than a free rolling vacuum cleaner. Frankly, I don't see the big deal with using the fancier cleaners on an AG either. My vinyl isn't that much thinner than an IG vinyl pool's liner. (Obviously the cost is drastically different.) Let me know what they say, what you end up using, and how it performs. I'd like to get one myself in the next month or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.