How to clean Pentair filter cartridge

This probably makes me sound like an idiot, but here goes.

I have a Pentair Clean and Clear 200 filter. When I got the house, the former owner showed me how to change/clean the filter. I remember everything...except how to remove the pvc core from the middle of the filter. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to come out. I'm afraid I am going to ruin the filter, and I'm not ready to buy a new one yet. I have cleaned the filter a couple of times with the core still in place, but I don't get it as clean as when the core is out. I have tried searching to see if I could find something on the net, but I cannot. Anyone out there that can help me?

Thanks for the help! I had the OM from the first link, all it says is to remove the core, but it doesn't say how. The second link, however, does give instruction on removing the core. Sounds like it just slide the filter up off the core. I will try it this week and see how it goes!

yes, the filter just slides off the core. Sometimes you'll get some growth and the element will "stick" to the core a bit, but trust me, it just slides off. If it helps, you can lift the entire core out of the filter first, and THEN try to slide it off. Keep things wet, it will help the filter slide.

So I changed the filter this weekend, and the way the filter slid off the core was ridiculously easy! My problem is my perception, it looked like the top part of the core was bigger than the filter opening, and therefore needed to unscrew or come apart somehow.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.