reusing pool cove

Jul 9, 2009
Iowa
When I bought my used pool it came with pool cove. It has the black hard plactic edge that I think fits in the bottom rail. About half are good plastic piece still onit the others it is eaither pulling off or all the way off. Could I just but new to replace the bad ones or would I be better off to buy all new?

Only you know, really. From your description it sounds like you could use the good ones and buy replacements for the bad but the new pieces might not be exactly the same size and you'll wind up buying all new ones anyway.

See I wrote something but really didn't answer your question. Sorry bout that! Unless someone has actually done what you're proposing it's hard say if it'll work or not.

It depends on if you feel comfortable with the ones you have staying where they should be to protect your liner. Do the ones that are out of the track fit back in or are they damaged or ??? We had another member post a pool he just bought with that type of hard built in cove - it really is specific to the pool brand too so you would have to either go online to get new or go to a deal for that pool type. The big thing with cove is that is sits nice and tightly against the bottom and the way AND each other so there are no gaps to suck your liner into and make creases or worse. It may be really expensive or really reasonable to replace some or all of it but the main idea is to protect the liner - a big expense.

what I was mainly asking and trying to find out if anyone else has done it. This is what it looks like ony mines black not gray.

177045.jpg

NWMNMom said:
It depends on if you feel comfortable with the ones you have staying where they should be to protect your liner. Do the ones that are out of the track fit back in or are they damaged or ??? We had another member post a pool he just bought with that type of hard built in cove - it really is specific to the pool brand too

That would be me. Unfortunately, that's not at all what my cove looks like. I've seen that one before though, just looking around online. Mine is a 2-piece cove, one built into the bottom rail, and the other snaps into the rail.

Anyways, back to your question. It would probably be best to replace them all, considering the work involved to replace them if something goes wrong after the pool is filled, but I don't see what it would hurt to reuse the ones that are okay. If you're like me (and since you made this post, you just might be), and trying to save money wherever possible, I definitely understand 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Just be prepared to replace all of them if the old and new are somehow different.

Does that help you out any? I tried... :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.