Friend's Numbers, please advise

:wave:
My friend is trying to start the BBB. Here are her pool store numbers (I'm trying to convince her to get the k-2006 since that's what I use):
FC 2.6
CC .1
TC 2.7
pH 6.8
TA 0
CH 0
CYA 7

She has an AG 21' round. This is the same as what I have so I know it's 10,400 gallons. Here's what I have planned for her:
1 jug of 6% bleach
14 lbs of baking soda
3 cups borax
3 lbs CYA
I got the amounts from Pool Calc. Does this look/sound about right? I'm a little concerned with TA and pH effecting each other. Walmart sells the 12lb bag so should she just opt for that instead of the full 14lbs? My other question is what about CH? I know it doesn't matter much for a vinyl pool but I don't know what target to shoot for.

If your friend is close enough you should test for her.

The numbers you posted sounds suspicious. While not impossible it's hard to believe she has zero TA & CH. A CYA of 7 is sketchy too. But you probably already know all this.

It hard for me to recommend adding anything except chlorine if I don't trust the numbers. If you turst the numbers your plan of attack sounds right.

When adjusting TA from near zero, bring TA up to perhaps 40, then test and adjust PH to a bit lower than what you actually want, then test and adjust TA to the final target, then test and adjust PH to the final target.

Since extremely low CH levels don't occur very often, we aren't really sure what happens when CH is zero. There is lots of experience with CH levels around 50 being fine with a vinyl pool, but not much experience below that level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.