shocking and the leaves i can't see

May 26, 2010
Is it even possible to get the water clear enough to see the bottom if I know there are leaves down there? I've cleaned up what I can with a leaf gulper and rake but I know there are more---I just can't see them to get to them! :roll:

Welcome to TFP.

Be persistent and get whatever you possibly can with the leaf rake. They will continue to consume your chlorine.

Thanks! Here's what I've got so far:

pH: 7.8
TA: 110
FC: more than 5ppm (see below)
TC: ?
CH: ?
CYA: 50ppm

The test kit I'm using doesn't measure over 5ppm FC so I don't know exactly what it is. Same with Total Chlorine and Calcium Hardness. Since yesterday morning I've put a total of six (6) 182 oz. bottles of 6% bleach in the pool. It's been a little over an hour since I raked the leaves and added another bottle of bleach, and I see a big difference just since yesterday in the water color. I'm off for more bleach. Any recommendations?

Dilute your pool water sample with 3 parts distilled water and then test the mixture. Multiply your reading by 4 and you have an approximation of your chlorine level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.