scumbugs

giulietta1

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2007
Knippa, Texas
This is such a basic question, but I don't think I've ever seen it addressed. . . how do you know when to replace your scumbug? :shock:

I rinse mine out on a semi-regular basis. It's a bit stained around the edges, but it's not falling apart or anything.

Advice would be appreciated. TIA!

hi giulietta1
I replace each season I am way north of you in ohio. this would be about five months. I rinse mine every day while i rinse the skimmer sock. I cant believe the whether you guys are getting we could use some of that rain up here in the north. :lol:

ric said:
hi giulietta1
I replace each season I am way north of you in ohio. this would be about five months. I rinse mine every day while i rinse the skimmer sock. I cant believe the whether you guys are getting we could use some of that rain up here in the north. :lol:

I would love to send some of the rain your way!! For the last few days my husband has been saying, "I'm so glad the weather has cleared up," and I tell him not to say that too loudly. . . had a shower this morning but it cleared off and got nice and HOT the way summer in south Texas is supposed to be.

I haven't tried a reg sponge it could work i dont know. I have found a big difference in the use of the skumbug then not using it. Our toddler has to have a lot of oil on her per the boses instructions. I have bin married 35 years although my hearing is bad with certain tones :lol: i do no who the bos is. I also would like to here if anybody has used a reg sponge.

They last a long time. I have one in my spa and one in my skimmer and they are both over 2 years old and still collecting stuff (I have to rinse the black stuff out weekly when I rinse my skimmer sock.) When I used to have a portable spa I had the same scumbug in it for 4 years with no problem!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.