??s about moving sand filter

I will soon be moving my sand filter and pump to it's new location. My questions are these...

On moving the sand filter, do I just drain the water out, use a hand truck and whirl it away to it's new location? What do I have to be careful of? We're going on 3rd summer with current sand so I shouldn't have to replace it, right?

I only have 2 lines, one for return, one for suction. Should I put a Jandy valve on both lines while I'm replumbing?

Is there anything else I should do while I'm taking it all apart?

You might want to read the section in Pool School about winterizing. I think there is some information there about disconnecting your pump and filter. If not, search out the manufacturer of your pool and see if there is info on their web site.

I moved mine on a handtruck a few years ago. I disconnected the plumbing, drained the filter and moved it. I wouldn't tip it too far if you can avoid it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.