Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baker Hydro skimmer question

1. Back To Top    #1

Baker Hydro skimmer question

Hi - We recently purchased a home with a pool and during our pool inspection we were told we needed the skimmer bag because it was missing. They said it was approximately 2ft long and $80!!! Am I able to use a basket instead since they seem to be much cheaper and easier to manage??? I looked online and didn't have much.

Any help would be appreciated!
    16 by 32 in ground vinyl, Sta-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter, 1 3/4hp Sta-Rite Duraglass pump, Sta-Rite heater (broke), Taylor K2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baker Hydro skimmer question

Tell us a little more about your pool and skimmer. Poolcenter.com has a parts breakdown for the skimmers.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

The pool is 20,250 gunite pool and has a Baker Hydro skimmer from what I found on the blueprint. The builder is trying to sell the bag since it's missing. I have asked them if I can use a basket but they're checking on it. We have a new 1 1/2 Hayward Super pump and a sand filter.
    16 by 32 in ground vinyl, Sta-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter, 1 3/4hp Sta-Rite Duraglass pump, Sta-Rite heater (broke), Taylor K2006 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

According to the parts diagram the inground model doesn't list a bag just a basket. The filter (above ground) model lists a bag and a filter cartridge.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit